CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Apr 9, 2008

Book #2 ----- Post #6

How did the settings in this story make you feel?









The setting that truly spoke to me was the Battle School. It was when he first arrived there that made me feel truly close to the story of Ender and his life. As I was reading the description of the school, I almost felt that I was talking about my own dorm, Stone Dorm. This is my first year in a dorm, and I still remember the time I first arrived here and how I felt. I think I could really relate to Ender, because I knew how it felt to be in a place that I didn't feel like I belonged. His whole life at the school was like my life here. I am away from my parents, even more now, because they moved to Indonesia and all. I almost felt bad for Ender, because I knew what kind of things he was going through. I knew he was feeling nervousness mixed with the sick feeling of loneliness in his stomach.



I thought I was going to be blown away from anybody, being isolated from everybody, like Ender, when I first came here. I was so scared, unaware of what would happen at a place called a dorm. I have never been away from my parents for a long time, and I was never just left to count on my friends to be able to lean on them and receive help from them. I couldn't believe the trust and heart warming love that I received from the friends here at TCIS. I know it really does not sound like me, but it is really me, John Song. I still believe that the setting still speaks to me from the book. This book actually seems to relate to me in so many ways. The setting was disturbing and sad, but mostly because I felt like I was part of it.

1 comments:

theoLogy//T-0 said...

this is is T-YO. I just got to say that I feel you on that Battleschool relating thing. I sort of felt like that when I first came to Korea, and it was the first time i was away from my parents. I didn't know my surroundings well enough, so in the beginning I was ready to fight if someone tried to start something with me. I think have this mental problem hahahaha that if i go to a uncomfortable surrounding I feel like punching the first thing that interacts with me. But anyways I don't have that problem anymore because I am used to KOREA.