CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Mar 19, 2008

Post #5

What is the mood of this novel?


Do you find this novel saddens you in anyway?


Why?


The way I think it, I think the novel has many moods and many mood changes. It starts out as if nothing was wrong and it was just any old life of a working man. The beginning didn't have much of a mood. There might have been very moody and weird people in the beginning, but no mood for the first section of the story. I think the strongest mood came out in the middle, as Montag was discovering the ways of his mistakes in burning books. The mood in the middle becomes almost depressing, dramatic, and even sometimes suspenseful. He finally finds out about all the truths of the world he has been lied to about so many times over his life. He discovers that his life has all been just set up right in front of him. All these moods and emotions hit him so hard that he starts to wonder what else about his life is a lie and he starts to search for those answers. This books did somehow sadden me. I first didn't realize that I was sad or how it happened, but later I discovered that the book was actually making me scared and upset at the same time. I think that while I was reading it, I was thinking of my own future, and how it would turn out. I mean if the perfect little world we live in today can become a monstrosity like the one in the book, I mean what could happen to the fragile and such valuable life I have that God as given to me. I know that God will always love and protect me, but I was still afraid of something. I was afraid of forgetting who was the one who created me, like how there was only one bible left in the world. I was afraid that if I forgot, my life would go down the drain with no hope of ever coming back to the sane reality of it right now. I wish I could shake off this feeling of fear I have in me from this book to my future, but it's hard to just push it aside. So as I thought about it, I realized that if I truly believe in God, then he won't even let me fall enough to not know him or forget about him. I know that God has always wanted me to be there with him in heaven, so he will never let me fall under the pressure and temptations of the devil.

0 comments: